Sunday, August 12, 2007

Soccer

After some discussion, Alicia and I enrolled the kids in soccer. Then a couple months rolled by and we received our first contacts regarding the season. One such called was received by me - giving me the details about equipment, dates, times, etc. AND an innocent question regarding "coaching". You would have to know my previous history with coaching to appreciate the feelings that came over me at that moment. However, God had been doing some work ahead of time and I said yes - only later finding out that we played twice a week for an hour, and that the season ran May, June, AND six weeks in September! Still, I was hopefull - thinking that Joel would have a good time and I would get to meet some folks from the community. Well...I did meet some folks from the community. :) Joel had a good time, but not necessarily with the soccer ball. This pic below is one of his more attentive moments...



Chloe, on the other hand, loves soccer and plays only once a week! Ironic. Don't let the swimming uniform fool you - she is a force on the field, scoring some goals and stealing the ball from her own players. Half-time oranges are a close second to her enjoyables on the soccer pitch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: